1. What does Kenya Women Finance Trust do?
KWFT provides financial services improve family lives through women.
2. Why does KWFT deal with women only?
KWFT aims at improving the economic and social status of women and their families. For a long time women have had little or no access to credit. KWFT aims at bridging this gap in the financial services sector but our focus is the family.
3. How much money can I borrow?
The amount of the loan will depend on the size of your business.
4. Where are the KWFT offices?
Our offices are spread throughout the country. ( see Our Network and Contact pages). We have made every effort to bring our services as close to you as possible.
5. What kind of security does KWFT require?
We are aware women do not normally have conventional collateral like title deeds. KWFT therefore provideds social collateral loans. However, ib cases where the loan amount is large, we may require conventional securities.
6. Does KWFT lend to business start-ups?
KWFT normally finances businesses that have been in existence for at least one year. The track record of a business is very important in determining the ability to service a loan. We have now introduced a start up loan for those who want to start their own businesses. For details check on the Products and Services page
7. What is a deposit taking microfinance (DTM)?
A DTM is a microfinance institution that is regulated by the Central Bank and offers savings and loan products to the public.
8. Why did Kenya Women become a DTM?
It has been a long time goal of the board and management of the institution to deliver to our clients a “Womans Banking Facility- a one stop shop”. Our aim as an institution is to serve the women of this country comprehensively and as the economy continues to grow, so do their financial needs, thus prompting the opening of the DTM.
9. Does KWFT now operate solely as a bank or are loan facilities still offered?
Kenya Women will continue to offer loan facilities to clients as well as take deposits and transact over the counter using their savings or loan accounts.
10. Are men now eligible to bank with Kenya Women DTM?
KWFT focuses its services to the family using the woman as the entry point. If the husband and wife would like to open an account, it is possible to do so with the woman as the principal account holder or signatory.
11. Why bank with KWFT-DTM?
- Our products and services are designed and differentiated to serve women at their point of need
- Security for your money
- Attractive interest rates on all savings products
- Easy access to your cash with over 600 ATMs countrywide
- Excellent customer care that ensures ease and efficiency when banking
- Unique banking facilities I.e. every banking hall has a mothers room that caters for our clients who have infants
- Opportunity to save and grow your money in a secure environment.
12. What do you need to open an account?
KWFT offers several types of accounts. Click Here for information on each account.
13. Who owns KWFT?
KWFT is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kenya Women Holding.